Deploying to Multiple Device Platforms
AppStudio supports deploying applications to multiple device types from application stores and through private corporate deployments, by sending a single URL to all end users that detects the device type as well as the location of the application intended for each.
To deploy a AppStudio application to any device type:
- Review all generic and device-specific deployment procedures and requirements in this guide.
- Edit web.config file to redirect downloads from appropriate locations so you can send one URL for any type of deployment. Review these sections:
- BlackBerry end user: App World deployment
- Android end users: Setting Android download redirect
- iOS end users: Setting iOS download location redirects
- To perform an over-the-air download installation of the AppStudio client for a single application, email mobile users a URL to the appropriate AppStudio product installer, with the following syntax:
This link downloads a single application—in this case, AppID 1.
To perform an over-the-air download installation AppStudio client for multiple applications, email mobile users a URL to the appropriate AppStudio product installer, with the following syntax:
This link lists the full set of available applications.
From the mobile device, the end user browses to the URL and is either redirected to the rich application for downloading applications from a public store, or downloads the appropriate AppStudio client applications directly to their device.