Configure the App Data
In the previous article, Installation Overview, you installed AppStudio enterprise mobility platform. In this article, you configure the SQL database that contains the data used by the Getting Started articles. This is the database that contains the data processed by an app, such as customer contact information, user information, and other information.
As part of configuring the app data, you restore a database in SQL Server. You must configure this database before you can proceed with the Getting Started articles.
Restore the SQL database
To restore the SQL database:
- Download the database CDRMData_7_4.zip to your machine. Extract the .bak file from the ZIP file.
- Make sure Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, or 2012 is running.
- Right click Databases in SQL Server, and select Restore Database from the popup menu.
- Under the Destination for restore area of the Restore Database dialog box, set the To Database field to
- Under the Source of resotre area of the Restore Database dialog box, select From device.
- Select the ... button to select the backup file.
- Click the Add button in the Specify Backup dialog box.
- Navigate to the location of where you stored the CDRMData_7_4.bak on your machine.
- Click OK twice.
- Make sure CDRMData_7_4.bak is selected in the Select the backups to restore area of the Restore Database dialog box.
- Select OK. The database is restored.
To configure the SQL Database:
When you installed the AppStudio enterprise mobility platform, you created a SQL Server user named mpdemo. Make sure mpdemo has full access to the CRMData database. Or, if you defined other SQL Server users, make sure that those users have access to CRMData.
- In SQL Server, expand Security > Logins.
- Right click on mpedemo and select Properties, or right click on the user you want to configure for access to CRMData.
- Select User Mapping from the Login Properties dialog box.
- Make sure mpdemo has
dbo_ownermembership for CRMDemo.
Where to next
Now that you have restored the user data, you are ready to start AppStudio. Proceed to the next article in this series,, for more information.