Samples & Tutorials
There are times when you want to have a phone number on screen that can be easily dialed by the end user. Instead of having that user write down or remember that number, add Click-to-Dial functionality to your app. For more information about Click-to-Dial, see Initiating a Call or Email.
|Watch a video of the tutorial|
Add Click-to-Dial to a screen
In this tutorial you add click to dial functionality to a phone number displayed on screen.
Steps to add Click-to-Dial functionality to a screen:
- Open AppStudio.
- Load the eleVate tutorial app.
- In AppStudio, use Application Explorer to navigate to the Account Detail screen through Screen Workflows > Smartphone > Deals > Deal Detail.
- Select the Region called Phone Region under the Content > Background Image.
- Under the Click Handling section set Action to Dial with prompt.
- Set Target Control to Phone. The Phone field contains the phone number to call.
- Save the app.
- Run the app in the simulator. For more information on running the app in a simulator, see Run an App in a Simulator.
- Navigate to the Deals screen using the navigation bar.
- Drill down into any deal on the screen. Tap on the phone number. The device should take you to a dial screen.
Similar to Click-to-Dial, Click-to-Email can be added to a screen. For more information on adding Click-to-Email, see Adding Click-to-Email.