Samples & Tutorials
There are times when you want to have an email address on screen that can be easily added to a email by the end user. Instead of having the user write down or remember the email address, add Click-to-Email functionality to your app. For more information about Click-to-Email, see Initiate a Call or Email from a Screen.
|Watch a video of the tutorial|
Adding Click-to-Email to a Screen
To add Click-to-Email functionality, set the click handling action of a control to Email.
Steps to Click-to-Email to a screen:
- Open AppStudio.
- Load the eleVate tutorial app.
- In AppStudio, use Application Explorer to navigate to the Account Detail screen through Screen Workflows > Smartphone > Contacts > Contact Detail.
- Select the Background Image > Top Content > Email Region control.
- Under Click Handling select Email.
- Set Target Control to Email. The Text Field control named Email contains the target email address.
- Save the app.
- Run the app in the simulator. For more information on running the app in a simulator, see Run an App in a Simulator.
- Use the navigation bar to navigate to the Contacts screen. Drill down into any contact and tap on the email address. Your screen should look similar to the screen shot below where you can select the email app to use.
Similar to Click-to-Email, Click-to-Dial can be added to a screen. For more information on adding Click-to-Dial, see Adding Click-to-Dial.